You have completed your PMP/CAPM certification preparation course and are sitting in a quiet room studying for your exam and have soooo many questions? We - the PMI Germany Chapter - have the answers. According to our claim to provide a forum and platform for project management enthusiasts, we offer a weekly video conference on one topic of the PMBOK Guide, in which your questions will be answered by an experienced moderator.
What does it cost you? Except for your time and the membership in the PMI Germany Chapter e.V. NOTHING.
Contact for inquiries: Mail to Study Group Team
First Study Group meeting was in March, further are coming? Check out at our event calendar. Besides, there are Study Brunch Events on Sundays at 11 am. Check it out in the event calendar, when exactly.
The topics of the Study Group at a glance:
- Manage conflict (23-06-2022)
- Lead a team (12-05-2022)
- Support team performance
- Address and remove impediments, obstacles, and blockers for the team
- Engage and support virtual teams (19-05-2022)
- Manage communications
- Plan and manage budget and resources
- Plan and manage scope (09-06-22)
- Manage project changes (31-03-22)
- Determine appropriate project methodology/methods and practices
- Manage project issues
- Evaluate and address external business environment changes for impact on scope
Trainings and Seminars
You are looking for effective continuing education? In our >> sponsor calendar << you will find numerous seminar and training dates of our sponsors - there is certainly something for you!
Also the PMI Germany Chapter itself offers a number of workshops and seminars, which are excellent for collecting PDUs and for personal development. All dates can be found in our >>Event Calendar << .
Successful project management is very often underestimated. Why do many projects fail, even though highly qualified experts are working on them? The activities of the chapter in the area of Professional Development, such as Professional Development Workshops, primarily serve the further development as well as the dissemination of international and standardized methods of project management in the project economy of Germany.
Professional Development in the PMI Germany Chapter:
- Professional Development Events
- Academic support
- Support for certifications
Offer for students and universities
PMI awards project management certifications and offers courses for interested parties, both with and without professional experience. In Germany, there are also already separate bachelor's and master's degree programs for project management in the university sector. Project management lectures and project-based teaching are often integrated into subject-specific degree programs.
Many universities offer general project management courses as part of their degree programs and promote qualifications in project management for teachers. PMI also has accreditation programs for corresponding offers.
The PMI Germany Chapter supports:
- in finding courses of study in project management
- in the development of curricula
- in the recognition of study programs by PMI
- in member discounts for students
- helping to shape career paths through certification, consulting, access to job boards
- in networking in the field of project management throughout Germany and beyond
In addition to the international PMI Academic Outreach Program, the PMI Germany Chapter has its own initiative to promote cooperation with universities. It has set itself the task of maintaining contacts with universities in order to bring about the most fruitful cooperation possible in research and teaching. As a vision we see an interdisciplinary further development of project management as a subject with an increasing establishment of PM curriculae and certifications. Current activities are aimed at networking with universities, expanding cooperation and supporting joint initiatives and events.