Social Responsibility Program is an initiative of PMI Germany Chapter e.V. – Members of the Chapter working as volunteers utilize their expertise and experience in project management to support projects with a social background. These projects are from the following areas:
- Projects with non-profit organizations and NGOs
We support their project management, teach basics in project methodology or put our effort into the delivery of these projects. Frequently our support is requested to create a project plan or for coaching of the project team in difficult project situations.
- Projects with schools
We support schools with the realization of difficult projects, where the expertise of experienced project managers is required, e.g. for projects with out-of-school project partners.
- Education projects at colleges and universities
- We offer voluntary support in project management for non-profit organizations and schools that have no internal know-how to conduct these projects.
- We teach our project partners basic concepts for a structured project approach and the use of project management methods.
- Through our engagement, we help our project partners to achieve their project goals.
- Members of our chapter, who are ready to engage as a volunteer in a social purpose, can effectively use their expertise in project management.
- We provide an overview of the job profile of a project manager.
PMI Germany Chapter e.V. is cooperating with project partners for its Social Responsibility Projects. This program focuses on projects with a social background (Project Management for Social Good). The projects are also expected to support at least one of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) .
You are a good match if:
- You are a non-profit organization, an NGO or a school
- You are politically independent and not bound to a religion
- You are planning a comprehensive or mission-critical project, or you have already started a project and need help with it
The next steps are:
- Talk to us about the type and size of your project.
- We will check on the requirements and needed resources, usually in a workshop with your staff members.
- You decide if you want to engage with our chapter’s volunteers.
- We set up an agreement (Project Charter) for the voluntary support with roles, tasks, a project plan and the expected effort, as well as the required obligations on your side.
Sustainability and Climate Protection
We support charitable NGOs with projects supporting and enhancing the sustainability targets of the United Nations (UN Sustainable Development Goals). Thus we contribute to a fair and healthy environment. Climate protection and therefore environmental friendly energy supply are the foundation of
https://www.climaterealityproject.org/home-new as well as at home at our doorsteps:
PMI Germany Chapter has established the cooperation with an NGO focusing on climate and energy supply. We will continue to increase our engagement in this area with our support.
Education for a Sustainable Development
As a cooperation partner of BenE München e.V., we support the „GMIN²T-Flächenprojekt München – Rosenheim“. This project includes environmental studies in the München – Rosenheim area and is supposed to combine STEM disciplines (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) with the humanities and with sustainability goals.
The WissensWerkstatt addresses employees of NGOs in the Nuremberg region. Volunteering experts provide professional know-how through presentations and workshops, which is important for the work of the public charitable organizations. PMI Germany Chapter volunteers contribute to the program of the WissensWerkstatt with workshops covering project management related topics.
We engage in planning and preparing events for several project partners, e.g. culture festival, fundraising event, local fair to recruit new volunteers. Due to the Corona pandemic, these events can not take place for the time being and the respective projects have been put on hold.
Dr. Aniko Kovacs-Bertrand
Head of Social Responsibility Program
For Volunteering in general see >>> here and for concrete opportunities see >>> here.